The SpeedTax Web site includes links to third party Web sites. These sites are governed by their own privacy statements, and SpeedTax is not responsible for their operations, including but not limited to their information practices. Users submitting information to or through these third party Websites should review the privacy statement of these sites before providing them with personally identifiable information.
Children are not eligible to use our service and we ask that minors (under the age of 18) do not submit any personal information to us, or use the service.
B. Information We Collect
Because of the way that World Wide Web communication standards work, when you arrive at or leave the SpeedTax Web site, we automatically receive the Web address of the site that you came from or are going to. We also collect information on which pages of our Web site you visit while you are on the SpeedTax site, the type of browser you use and the times you access our Web site. We use this information to understand our customers' preferences better and to manage the load on our servers, so as to improve our service and your experience with SpeedTax. We use IP addresses, browser types and access times to analyze trends, administer the site, improve site performance and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
From time to time, we offer optional questionnaires and surveys to our users for such purposes as collecting demographic information or assessing users' interests and needs. The use of the information collected will be explained in detail in the survey itself. If we collect personally identifiable information from our users in these questionnaires and surveys, the users will be given notice of how the information will be used prior to their participation in the survey or questionnaire.
C. Our Use and Disclosure of Information
SpeedTax uses the information collected about its users in order to, 1) provide customer service, 2) determine your eligibility to receive offers for special features or products, and 3) improve SpeedTax products and services.
We give access to individually identifiable information about our users only to those employees who require it to fulfill customer service requests.
SpeedTax will not sell or rent any of your personally identifiable information or information about your company (corporate information) to third parties. SpeedTax will not share any of your personally identifiable or corporate information with third parties except in the limited circumstances described below, or with your express permission. These third parties are limited by law or by contract from using the information for secondary purposes beyond the purposes for which the information is shared.
- We may disclose the information we collect, as described in Section B above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf.
- We disclose information that we in good faith believe is appropriate to cooperate in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity, or to conduct investigations of violations of our User Agreement. For example, this means that if we conduct a fraud investigation and conclude that one side has engaged in deceptive practices, we can give that person or entity's contact information (but not bank account or credit card information) to victims who request it.
- We disclose information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, levy, attachment, order of a court-appointed receiver or other comparable legal process, including subpoenas from private parties in a civil action.
- We disclose information to your agent or legal representative (such as the holder of a power of attorney that you grant, or a guardian appointed for you).
- We share aggregated statistical data with our business partners or for public relations. For example, we may disclose that a specific percentage of our users live in California. However, this aggregated information is not tied to personally identifiable information.
- We will share your information with a parent, subsidiaries and joint ventures to help coordinate the services we provide to you, enforce our terms and conditions, and promote trust and safety.
D. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, SpeedTax's information practices, or your dealings with SpeedTax, call (949) 215-1177 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am and 5pm PST, or contact us at our email or physical address, listed on the website.